- Give a comprehensive speech to the nation informing them that the government plans to ‘raise’ $20billion over the next 2 years.
- Explain what SPECIFIC capital expenses the government intends to make in the next few years e.g. “We will build 3 refineries in Nigeria”. “We will Construct 2400 km of 6 lane roads. 400 in each geo-political zone”. “We will complete power projects that will provide additional 2000MW of electricity.”
- Explain with proof that you have raised 30% of the money required by reducing recurrent expenditure of the government by 60%.
- State with proof that salaries of political office have been pegged with the civil service. Raising $2 billion in the process.
- Remind the populace that the capital expenditure will create economic activity in the country.
- State that some sacrifices have to be made by everyone.
- State government subsidy from fuel will be removed to raise the other 70% of the finances. And the pains will only be short term.
Anything short of that Mr. Jo’ boy, will be the beginning of the end of your government.